An old time favourite in New Zealand, I thought I would create a refined sugar-free and wheat free version for those Anzac lovers out there.... You can watch these made in the video below.
Remember these must be stored in an air tight container to avoid becoming too soft.
Anzac Biscuits (refined sugar-free and wheat-free)
1 cup oats
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup almond flour
5 1/2 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
2 tsp boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix your oats, coconut, and almond flour in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir through honey until dissolved.
- Add the bicarbonate soda to the boiling water and stir that into the butter mixture.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the butter mixture into the well. Stir well.
- Roll dessert sized balls of mixture and place on a lined tray.
- Bake in the oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
Feed, nourish, value yourself.