The perfect Sunday roast or Saturday evening dinner party feature!
Slow Cooked Israeli Lamb Shoulder
1 kg lamb shoulder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground turmeric
5 sprigs thyme, stems removed
1 lemon, zest and juice
50g grass-fed butter
- To make the marinade, melt the butter in a small pot on medium heat.
- Add cumin, coriander, turmeric, thyme, lemon and mix well .
- Place lamb shoulder on a large piece of foil. Pour over marinade over the lamb and rub into the lamb using your hands.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the lamb tightly in the foil, place on an oven tray, and put in the oven for 7 hours.
- Once cooked, remove lamb form the oven and carefully remove the foil. The lamb should fall off the bone.
- Serve with salad and roasted vegetables, or with an Israeli mezze plate. Enjoy!
Feed, nourish, value yourself.